Do you wish someone else understood what you go through as a mom? We all long for someone who just get’s it! Come see this great book about being a mom that seems like it was written just for you!
*This post includes some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
One of my favorite things in this world is being a mom, so when I saw the book, You Know You’re a Mom by Harry H. Harrison Jr., I knew this would be a perfect book for me. I was amazed at how many quotes I read in the book about being a mom, that I could relate to. I looked forward to reading this book before bed every night, excited to see what quote would make me feel like someone else understood me as a mom.
For every woman who has posted 800 pictures of her baby on Instagram.
One day that little plus sign appears on the stick, and you realize your life is about to change forever—you’re going to be a mom! Whether you’re still in the days of 2am feedings and loads of dirty diapers, or you’ve made it to that bittersweet moment of their college graduation, this book will make you laugh out loud with its insightful and funny observations about motherhood. From the days when you read every parenting book ever written—while your husband plays golf—to the hours you spent polishing up your adult child’s resume, parenting is a roller coaster. Harry H. Harrison Jr. makes it just a little easier with his trademark humor and truisms as you learn that your job as a mom is the most important one you’ll ever have.
- You Know You’re a Pregnant Mom When…That Little Line Shows Up on the Stick, and You Can’t Breathe
- You Know You’re the Mom of a Baby When…You Would Pay $1 Million for a Fifteen-Minute Nap
- You Know You’re the Mom of a Toddler When…You Wake Up with Extra People in Your Bed
- You Know You’re a Mom of Schoolkids When…You Find Yourself Running for PTA President-and Really Caring If You Win
- You Know You’re a Mom Working Outside the Home When…You Quit Making Your Bed
- You Know You’re a Mom of a Teen When…You’re Not Allowed in Her Room
- You Know You’re a Mom of Adult Kids When…They Now Worry About You
My Favorite Quote From Each Chapter
- “You find out that ‘morning sickness’ is code for ‘brace yourself, you’re about to be sick. All. Day. Long.'”
- “You talk to you baby all the time. Because this is how he’ll learn to talk.”
- “You realize the ‘terrible twos’ is false advertising. The condition lasts longer than a year.”
- “You set the parental controls on video games and the Internet, then need your child to help you unlock it.”
- “You cook dinner while everyone else is watching TV. Even though you haven’t had a chance to change out of your office clothes.”
- “You get scared to death every time you read a newspaper and wonder, What if that had been my child?”
- “You remember all the weekends you spent at your kids’ soccer games. And Tennis matches. And gymnastic competitions. And don’t miss them.”
My Opinion of “You Know You’re a Mom”
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book! All of the quotes listed above are just a few of the many, many quotes that I could relate to. I have a 10 year old, 18 year old and 21 year old, so I could relate to every chapter in the book. Every night, I would end up laughing or smiling as I read a few pages. Sometimes I would even say, “hmmm” as one of the quotes hit home about things that aren’t always so pleasant about being a mom. It was really nice to read this book and feel like there are other moms out there who feel the same way I do and have gone/are going through the same things I am.
If you enjoyed this post, please pin the image below or the one at the top of the post and share it with your followers. Thanks!
I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.