In my blog post yesterday,Ultimate Homemaking Bundle, I said I would talk about my favorite product so far in the bundle. It’s the ebook, How to Coupon Effectively: How to Save $5200 Per Year in just 2 Hours Per Week, by Lauren Greutman. Even though I already know a lot about couponing, I still learned some things from reading her book.
Why She Wrote the Couponing Book
Lauren was spending $1000 per month on food for her family. They were in debt and wanted to get out, so she needed to figure out how to spend less on groceries. This book puts together all of the information she learned about couponing effectively.
Chapters in the Book
- Why Coupon – This chapter gets you excited about reading the book because she tells you that you can save 50% per week!
- Coupon Lingo – There’s a printable with all the acronym meanings on coupons , like BOGO, “buy one get one”
- Where to Find Coupons – She gives you 12 places you can find coupons with an explanation about how to find them. Some examples are online and in the newspaper. She also tells you where to find coupons on healthy items too!
- Digital Coupons – This is all about apps. I learned a lot from this chapter, since I told you before that I don’t know anything about apps.
- What are Catalina Coupons? – These are found at store checkouts.
- How to Avoid the #1 Mistake New Couponers Make – It’s using the coupons without waiting for sales; but she just doesn’t tell you that and leave you hanging, she explains how to do it the right way.
- How to Read Coupons – This one is just what it says.
- How to Organize Your Coupons – She tells you lots of different ways to organize them, so you can choose the way that’s best for you.
- Know Your Store’s Coupon Policy – It can be found on the store website or in the customer service department.
- Budgeting and Setting Yourself Up for Success – This is great advice about evaluating your normal spending and then gradually working your way lower, rather than trying to just do it all of a sudden.
- Understanding Sales Cycles – A great explanation of sales cycles and how they work.
- Meal Planning Using Coupons – You also get a free meal planning workbook, and access to a meal plan around Aldi’s sales.
- How Your Grocery Store Flyers Can Help You Save Thousands Per Year – This is a great chapter and very helpful.
- Pay Attention to Product Placement – Be careful because the same products in different areas of the store can have different packaging and pricing. For example, nuts in the baking section are much more expensive than the nuts in the bulk section.
What I Learned
I learned lots of new things in this book, which is great! I love learning more about saving money! I now know I need to look into the apps more and I may have to break down and put some on my phone. It looks like they’ll be worth it. I don’t know my stores’ coupon policies so that will be something I need to look up. One other thing I knew, but don’t always remember to do, is to look in other areas of the store for the same product because it might be cheaper in another aisle.
Lauren Greutman also has a website where you can learn more too at laurengreutman.com.
*This post includes some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Where You Can Find the Couponing Book
So, that is only one of the many valuable and helpful resources in this year’s edition of the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle. It includes 50 ebooks, 21 eCourses, 14 printables, 2 videos, 2 audios, 2 summits, and 1 membership site. The coupon book is in the “finances” category.
So, if you’re interested in getting the How to Coupon Effectively book for yourself, and tons more resources, check out the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle. That one coupon book normally sells for $9.99, and you can get the whole bundle for only $29.97; it’s value is $2283.64!
On Saturday’s blog post I’ll tell you about my favorite bonus that I’ve received so far, so keep an eye on my blog for more exciting information!
I’d hate for you to miss out, so click HERE to learn more or buy the bundle.
(Psst… the bundle goes away at 11:59pm Eastern on Monday, May 1st, so don’t wait!)